Rich, Sarah, and Jonathan Vogt are returning to Tanzania for another term of missionary service with Pioneer Bible Translators. We are thrilled that members of our church have heard and accepted the call to such important missionary service. Here is their departure newsletter.
Returning to East Africa
After 7 short months, over 10,000 miles traveled, and a few pounds later, we are headed back to Tanzania, East Africa. We begin our journey tomorrow at noon EST. We have been overwhelmed by the generosity and encouragement from all of you. Thank you so much for your hospitality and support of all kinds in our ministry with Pioneer Bible Translators.
Although we have had the opportunity to see most of you in person, there were still a few we did not get a chance to see. Our hopes are to see you on our next home assignment in the summer of 2021.
Upon returning to Tanzania, we will resume our roles in supporting the work of Bible translation. Several of our teammates have or will be leaving on their home assignment. This might mean that things will be quieter the first few months back, but this will give us a great opportunity to continue working on advancing our language skills in Swahili. We will also be taking care of several houses and vehicles for our teammates, just as they have done for us during our home assignment. We are heading into winter in East Africa, so the weather should be cooler as we adjust once again to the climate.
As I may have mentioned to several of you before, our hearts feel torn at times as “home” seems neither here nor there. Our loved ones and many treasured memories reside in the states, while our passion, close friends and ministry are abroad. We begin to understand Hebrews 13:14 more and more as the Apostle Paul writes, “For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come.”
- Happy Easter! Thanks be to God for sending His only Son.
- Thank you Lord for providing all our needs and that we are currently at 100%+ in our monthly support. We are blown away at the ways that He has orchestrated this.
- We are thankful for all the friends and family that keep in contact with us and have made our time in the States really easy. Not many missionaries can say that. Often times, home assignment is a very lonely time…we experienced the very opposite.
- Our prayers were answered that home assignment was a time of reflection on the past, refreshment, and re-focus for the future.
- Please pray for travel mercies. We are not the best of flyers for a variety of reasons. Pray for peace and that things will go smoothly…and selfishly that all our luggage will arrive without issues.
- Please pray for not only ourselves but for our families. Saying goodbye is sooo hard!!