We closed out 2021 and rolled into 2022 in a great way with fabulous momentum. Please allow me to give you a recap of December and the great ways the Lord is blessing Madison Christian Church and many aspects of this ministry.
- The “Journey to Bethlehem” led off the month of December. Many of you, as well as elementary students at Madison Christian School, took the journey. Thanks to Dan and Mary Duncan of their leadership of this project.
- The Food Basket and Gift Ministry was fantastic. We distributed a record number of food baskets to hungry people in our community. (The cost of a food basket, with inflation, is now around $120, and you answered every request.) Additionally, you entrusted to us resources to use to assist hungry people all year by providing over $10,500 to this ministry. Thank you to Donna Steinhauser and Linda Corner for their leadership.
- The Madison Christian School Christmas Concerts (3 in all) were held in the Worship Center. We had the opportunity to welcome hundreds of folks into the facility. We also invited every unchurched family at Madison Christian School to attend our Christmas services.
- The Madison Christmas Festival provided a great worship opportunity for many people. Thank you to Matt Archibald and many musicians, along with the best sound, light, and internet people on earth. The room was full, and it had a “pre-pandemic” feel to it.
- The Children’s Ministry had an outstanding family “Birthday Party for Jesus.” It was fun, and very well-planned. Thanks to Jonathon and Heather Barnes for their leadership.
- The Student Ministry had a successful ice skating night at The Chiller in Easton. No broken bones! Thanks to Mike and Brooke Seckman for their leadership.
- Christmas Eve was beautiful and very well-attended. The atmosphere, the warmth, and of course, the candles made that a very special opportunity for worship.
- Finally, there is our JOY (Jesus, others, and you) end-of-year offering. The Lord provided the wonderful blessing of over $91,500. This will fund ministry and propel us into unprecedented outreach and ministry opportunities is 2022. Praise the Lord!
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Due to Covid, these are still difficult times. Thank you for soldiering on, being indescribably generous, and being fully committed!