Seekers Life at Madison Christian Church has one major rule for all youth programs and events:
Matthew 22:34-40 says: Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: " ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." If everyone respects each other, respects God, and respects themselves all events will go great and run smoothly. We also ask that everyone respect any additional rules that may be given as a part of participating in events at different locations and with other organizations.
- Any student hoping to attend any event that requires travel off of the Madison Christian Church campus must have a completed MCC Teens Medical Release form for EACH event that requires transportation.
- Other forms may be needed depending on the requirements of either a location we travel to or an organization we interact with. Those forms will be provided to students hoping to go.
- If there is a cost involved with a trip all money must be in either check or cash form. Checks may be filled out to Madison Christian Church, just please make a note in the memo line what it is for. Money may be turned into either the Youth Minister (Mike) or to the office. We request that cash turned in ahead of time for an event please be placed in a labeled envelope if at all possible to ensure that all money is organized and credited to the right people.
- If a student chooses to participate in an event or trip then unless there is some sort of emergency situation or other arrangements have been made with the Youth Minister the student is expected to stay until the designated time.
- Any adult interested in volunteering and helping out with youth programs are required to undergo a background check. This is not a statement of distrust in any adult, it’s merely an unfortunate necessity of today’s world and a step we choose to take to ensure the safety of all teens who participate in our activities. Interested adults will be asked to fill out a “Permission to Obtain a Background Check” form and this will be done at no cost to the interested adult.