I have spent some time recently at an inpatient hospice unit in our community, Kobacker House. In the room that is reserved for food, drink, and comfort for families that spend a lot of time there, I saw these donuts accompanied by this sign:
That was a unique expression of gratitude on that part of that family.
That reminded me that gratitude is ALWAYS appropriate. It is a beautiful thing to go through life with a grateful heart.
- Grateful for the Lord Jesus Christ. Thankful for his gift of grace, mercy, and salvation.
- Grateful for our family – the ones that are closest to us. Those that love us the most and that we love the most.
- Grateful for friends – people who are there for us no matter what.
- Grateful for an amazing church where can worship our God and where we get to do amazing things for our community.
- Grateful for the occupations we have – the calling God has put on our lives to serve him in great ways.
- Grateful for food, clothing, shelter, transportation.
- Grateful to be able to serve.
Walk through life with gratitude. Be thankful. God is good. Life is good. Have a grateful heart.