Here is the latest word from our missionaries in Tanzania – Rich, Sarah, and Jonathan Vogt:
We are back in Tanzania! Everything made it here safe and sound. We have settled back into our home and have done several home repair projects. We are thankful that mold and dust had not completely engulfed it. Buddy (our dog) was very thankful that we were back home. Jonathan finished his last day of 5th grade a couple weeks ago. Sarah and Jonathan are enjoying their 5 week summer break. Rich took off a couple days when we returned but has been busy every since. Part of Rich’s job is to make sure that everyone’s work and residence permits stay current. The branch needed to do some shifting of staff so now Rich will be doing a lot of traveling himself to make sure that all the paperwork gets filed and approved on time. Please pray as he travels and please pray that our family’s work and residence permits get renewed for another two years. Also, the cost has gone from $750 to $1500 per person for every two years, please pray that these additional costs will be covered.
We have just published our latest blog. It has a ton of pictures from our home assignment and some quick stats with some of the ways that we spent our time. https://livewithabandonvogts.blogspot.com/
Getting Bibles into the Hands of His People
It is a very exciting time here at the East Africa Branch. We are close to printing the New Testament into three minority languages of Tanzania. We need your help! Our team is currently raising funds for 5,000 copies in each of those three languages (15,000 total). If you want to help see this happen, please go to https://pioneerbible.org/give/east-africa-branch-publication-fund. It costs $4 per copy so we are suggesting an amount of $40 which will print 10 copies but any amount is welcome! Many of our teammates are currently on home assignment and over $7,000 has already been raised. We thank God!
Supporting Missionaries Like Ourselves
We had a lot of people approach us while we were on home assignment, asking how they could better support us while we are in Tanzania. Here are a few simple ways:
- Praying for us is really the biggest way that you can support us. We love to hear from those who are praying for us as well. We love to give personal updates too!
- There are many books that can give you ideas on what missionary care looks like. Here are a few. Let us know what you think!
- Serving as Senders Today by Neal Pirolo
- Mind the Gaps by David J. Wilson
- Pipeline by David and Lorene Wilson
- Healthy, Resilient, & Effective in Cross-Cultural Ministry by Laura Gardner
- Another way to show us some love is by sending us care letters or packages. At this point, we are encouraging anyone who would like to send anything bigger than a large bubbled and weather protected envelope to contact us. We are having a harder time getting boxes from the post office and they are charging a fee. If you ship those larger items to my mom (our forwarding agent) she will be sure that it makes its way here with people that are traveling to East Africa. We have recently updated our Amazon wish lists. Jonathan has one, the school has one, and we have a general one with things like bacon bits and Kool-Aid packets. Let us know if you would like those links with mailing instructions and address. Please be sure to allow 8 weeks for delivery. Special dates for our family, if you would like to send something special are:
- August 2 (our wedding anniversary)
- October 2 (Rich’s birthday)
- December 4 (Sarah’s birthday)
- December 24 (Jonathan’s birthday)
- December 25 (Christmas).